May 31, 2012

Taoist Temple, Cebu City Philippines


My family loves to tour around Cebu because there are still hundreds of beautiful places in the province where we do not visit yet. Long before we are living near the Temple but we seldom went there. Now it is the time to share with you guys and have some online tour within the Taoist Temple.  I will do all my best to make your visit here in my blog site memorable as we did in the Temple. I hope you will enjoy the tour.


Site Location : Google Map


Tour 101 begins…

 A little background:
Taoist temple was built in 1972 by the Chinese community of Cebu City. Taoism is the center of the worship in the temple. It is located within Beverly hills Subdivision with an elevation of 300 meters above sea level.  The entrance of the temple is the replica of the Great Wall of China. Taoist Temple is open to all worshipers and non-worshipers. The main purpose of the temple is for ritual among devotees and to have place for them to pray to grant there wish to the Gods. Devotees are required to wash their hands and must be barefoot inside the chapel because it is their sacred place. During Wednesdays and Sundays devotees are climbing 81 steps to light joss sticks and have their fortune read by the monks.


Taoist Temple SlideShow Tour:


I hope you enjoy the tour. Those who would love to visit cebu just google for some travel agencies and they will accomodate you. But if you want any assistance you can comment here and ask me anything and I will do the best I can.

Thank you and come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts